This project is a perfect opportunity to learn programming using Snail and cards. This excellent resource is a great starting point to teach 21st century skills, directional language and basic programming to young students.
Integrated Skills: Spreadsheet, Graphics, Programming, Science, Arts
- Understand what a treasure map is
- Import the Treasure Island mat
- Program and move the Snail
- Set the starting position of the Snail
- Program the Snail to move to specific directions
- Program the Snail to explore different locations on the Treasure Island
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple program
- Utilize critical thinking to create solutions through programming the Snail
- Understand algorithmic thinking to develop steps in creating solutions to various tasks
- Demonstrate how computer hardware and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks.
- Learn sequencing, planning and decision making
- Test and analyze the effects of changing variables in programming and operating the Snail.
- Use models and simulations to understand directional language