Kindergarten students learn about basic shapes as they explore the fun tools in Kid Pix and create unique designs and pictures. Teach your kindergarten students in the computer lab using the easy to follow Kid Pix lessons in TechnoShapes
Integrated Skills: Graphics, Language, Arts
- Identify basic shapes
- Discover shapes in the classroom
- Identify shapes in artwork created by famous artists
- Click and drag the mouse to draw shapes
- Select a drawing or painting tool
- Fill a shape with a solid color, blend, or pattern
- Create pictures using shapes and lines
- Create a dot to dot design
- Create a geometric design using a pattern of stamps
- Print a document
- Describe their physical world using geometric ideas and vocabulary.
- Identify, name, and describe basic two-dimensional shapes, such as squares, triangles, circles, rectangles, and hexagons, presented in a variety of ways
- Use basic shapes and spatial reasoning to model objects in their environment and to construct more complex shapes.
- Model shapes in the world by building shapes from components and drawing shapes.
- Communicate complex ideas effectively by using digital tools