Students explore this project on Raspberry Pi, a tiny and affordable computer that you can use to learn computing through fun and practical projects.
Integrated Skills: Programming
- Demonstrate an understanding of setting a Raspberry Pi computer
- Control LED through Scratch programming
- Create a secret code machine using plastic parts, switches and ultraviolet LED
- Know how to code and decode a message
- Write a secret code and build a machine to read secret codes
- Build an illusion spinner model using motor, switches, wires, pulley, disk, and Raspberry Pi.
- Learn how automatic traffic signal works
- Design, build, and control a traffic light signal
- Design, build, and program a security system
- Recognize how computing devices connect to other components to form a system
- Demonstrate how computer hardware and software work together as a system to accomplish tasks
- Understand how automation works and use Scratch programming to develop steps to create and test automated solutions
- Test and analyze the results of changing variables in programming
- Test and debug a program to ensure it accomplishes the intended task